Spire Bristol Hospital, The Glen
More releases for Spire Bristol Hospital, The Glen...
We'd love to talk to you, so if you would like some more information please contact us. We look forward to hearing from you.
Telephone: +044 01275 349 011
Fax: +044 01275 349 368
One of Britain‘s leading orthopaedic foot and ankle surgeons will be teaching surgeons from around the world, the use of the latest ankle replacement technology at an event in Bristol next week.
Ian Winson is conducting a live surgical broadcast using the Zenith TAR procedure at a symposium co-hosted by Corin, the orthopaedic device designer and manufacturer, at Spire Bristol Hospital on Thursday (30th Sept.)
Surgeons from several countries will be watching on screen as Mr Winson demonstrates the titanium Zenith system, which was developed in partnership with Corin and incorporates long-lasting surface coatings and advanced instrumentation.
Mr Winson, a consultant at Spire Bristol Hospital, specialises in the treatment of all types of foot and ankle problems. Over the years he has treated a wide range of stars from rugby, football, cricket and athletics, at the Sports and Orthopaedic Clinic (SOC) in Bristol.
Mr Winson said: “It is encouraging that surgeons from around the world are attending symposia like this.
“Ankle replacements have improved immeasurably during the last 20 years to the point where the results are beginning to match up to other forms of major joint replacements. They are not suitable for all patients with ankle arthritis but they are suitable for a growing number.”
Spire Hospital director Rob Anderson added: “As the predominant independent provider of high quality complex surgery in the South West, we undertake a large volume of highly specialist operations. Our new facilities here at The Glen allow us to contribute to the advancement of medical education by hosting important events such as this.”
ENDS 24th September 2010
For more information or to arrange photographs, please contact Neil Fraser email@example.com
Notes to the editor:
• Spire Healthcare is the second largest private hospital provider in the UK with 37 hospitals (total of 1,935 beds) and over 6,000 UK consultants practicing from our premises.
• Spire Healthcare treated almost 1.3 million patients in 2009, of which 87% rated the overall quality of care as ‘very good‘ or ‘excellent‘
• Spire Healthcare hospitals invest heavily in systems and processes for infection prevention and control, resulting in exceptionally low rates of MRSA bacteraemia and C difficile infection. Our rates are lower than the rates seen across the NHS as a whole and out-perform the private sector average.
• Sustained clinical performance improvements and standards led Spire to win the Best Healthcare Outcomes award at the Independent Healthcare Awards in 2008. In 2009 Spire Healthcare won the Nursing Practice award at the Independent Healthcare Awards for developing and introducing a programme to enable hospitals to achieve hygiene excellence, as well as introducing surveillance following hip and knee replacement surgery
• For more information, please visit: www.spirehealthcare.com